EXCEL PROJECTS FOR PRACTICE
EXCEL DASHBOARD CHALLENGE
KEVIN ECKLAND holds a Bachelor of Science of Mechanical Engineering. He worked more than 30 years at Pratt & Whitney as Design Engineering Manager.
He currently runs his own consultancy company building customized spreadsheets for corporate clients.
You will receive an Excel file (65000 rows) with sales data of a sports store. Your task is to build a dashboard (see pics above) for senior managers to monitor the bicycles equipment internet sales. The project is broken down in 25 exercises so you can finish the assignment step by step solving each exercise until the dashboard is complete.
It is a real project focused on the visualization capabilities of Excel. You will have to summarize sales information through pivot tables, build pie and bar charts, add filters and slicers to display raw data in a structured and graphical form so it can be easily understandable at a glance.
WHAT YOU WILL PRACTICE:
1) Generate Pivot tables from large datasets.
2) Format and modify pivot tables.
3) Change the pivot table layout to get a more user friendly looking.
4) Pivot Charts.
5) Create and format charts and comparison graphs.
6) Create and modify dashboards.
6) Tiles, Slicers, formatting,
7) Dynamic subtitles.
8) 1 short Macro.
This project requires a basic knowledge of Excel visualization tools and pivot tables. It is aimed at intermediate students willing to consolidate their knowledge of Excel reporting tools.
The spreadsheet included in the project have been done with Excel 365 . It is then compatible with former versions such as Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
You will receive a zip file in the email confirmation after purchase. If you are a registered user, it is also available on your account.
The file contains 2 PDFs and 2 Excel files:
– 1 PDF with the instructions.
– 1 PDF with the solutions (36 pages). It includes detailed explanations of each exercise. You will also find print screens of the location and layout of the requested options and tools.
– 1 Excel file with the solutions.
– 1 Excel file with data.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: EXCEL DASHBOARD CHALLENGE
1 review for EXCEL DASHBOARD CHALLENGE
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.