ADVANCED EXCEL PROJECT
SOLAR SYSTEM CALCULATOR
The goal of the following advanced Excel project is to replicate with a professional look and feel the calculator many utility companies and websites offer online. If you are looking to install a solar panel system in your home or business, it is important that you understand the factors that affect the solar panel output and how to calculate the solar installation energy production. As a result, You will have to develop a tool in the spreadsheet to calculate a residential solar system output (Kwh) by taking into account multiple inputs such as irradiation data, solar panel types, number of panels and so on.
– Create the cells to input the data required to carry out the calculations. Data is provided in different csv and spreadsheets. You will have to combine it and use the most suitable excel functions to retrieve it based on the user selections.
– Implement all the predefined formulas and adapt them accordingly based on each user circumstances (location, house size, consumption, etc). You will have to store variables and write nested formulas made up of conditional statements along with popular functions such as VLOOKUP, INDIRECT or AVERAGE. Finally, you will also have to create a table to calculate the average consumption according to the input data and certain conditions explained in the instructions document provided.
The data and the formulas are real, so not only will you gain valuable experience in Excel, but you will also build a tool with applications in the real world.
DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
After purchase, you will receive an email with a ZIP file. The download is also available on your Practity account.
The ZIP file includes:
1) INSTRUCTIONS: A PDF with the Excel project description. It includes a screenshot of the final outcome so you can see how the tool works.
– 2 Excel files with additional data necessary for the calculations.
– A spreadsheet with the calculator done.
– A comprehensive guide explaining every step and ensuring that you can master each new concept and technique with ease.
WHAT YOU WILL PRACTICE
– Vlookup + nested formulas
– Check box
– Dropdown menus
– Round numbers
– Nested conditionals
– Remove the #NA error
– Variables and storing variables (LET)
– AVERAGE, INDIRECT
– Dates(MONTH, DATEVALUE)
This advanced excel project is highly recommended for Excel advanced students who already have experience with Excel and feel confortable with core formulas. It is the perfect way to challenge yourself and expand your Excel skills. You will love the challenge of this project and the satisfaction of seeing your skills in action as you create a calculator that can help homeowners determine the potential savings of installing a solar system.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: Solar System Calculator