Excel Exercises for Practice
A real Excel project focused on data validation and data manipulation in Finance. It includes 15 Excel exercises for practice based on the daily routines that banking analysts and finance consultants have to carry out in order to prepare worksheets before doing their analysis.
This Excel assignment is split into three main parts:
1) Clean, edit and prepare the worksheet to execute the validation. Easy.
2) Analysis and validation/reconciliation of data. You will have to compare columns to find differences or retrieve data from one sheet to another: Difficult.
3) Modification and data manipulation: Medium.
It consists of the classic reconciliation and validation tasks every finance professional has to carry out on a daily basis.
All Excel practice questions included in the project are real, very common while working with spreadsheets. The advantage of working with real Excel projects like this one, is that you learn how to use Excel to solve specific problems and what formulas or functions are the most suitable in each scenario. That is the main difference with regular exercises. It is a simulation of what you will confront in the real world.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
1) Data querying formulas, in particular Vlookup. You will learn about the business applications of Vlookup as well as the different situations where you may execute it. The second part of the project is all about vlookup.
2) Commonly used functions: IF statements, nested formulas, concatenate(), exact(), etc.
3) Cell editing and formatting features.
4) Navigation on the spreadsheet, keyboard shortcuts, filters, etc.
5) Page set up: Insert/delete rows/columns, copy, paste options, etc.
6) Print out spredasheets.
These Excel exercises for practice are aimed at beginners, but it requires a minimum knowledge of Excel. Students must have attended an introduction course of Excel .
All spreadsheets included in the project have been done in Excel 2013. It is compatible with Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2016.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
You will receive a Zip folder in the confirmation email sent after purchase. It is also available on your Practity account.
The file includes 2 PDFs and 5 Excel files:
– PDF with the instructions.
– PDF (20 pages) with the project solutions. You will receive detailed explanations and the formulas for each task along with print screens for each assignment. You will see in each image where the requested features and tools are located.
– Three Excel files with data. 120 rows and 19 fields.
– 2 spreadsheets with the Excel exercises solved.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: Real Excel Exercises with Solutions
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.