ECOMMERCE CHECKOUT APP
Python Challenge with Tkinter
Create a desktop application with the Tkinter library that replicates the e-Commerce payment platform interface you may find at any web merchant. You will have to design a window showing the company logo and several fields to enter the credit card information. Like in the real world, credit card information is subject to many conditions that you will have to implement. For instance, some card issuers do not allow payments greater than a predefined amount or vice versa. Card numbers follow patterns that you will have to code in order to spot fake numbers. In addition, you will have to add buttons and pop-up windows with warning messages.
– The construction of the Graphic interface through Tkinter tools.
– The implementation of the requirements necessary to complete the checkout process.
Therefore, it is a challenge to practice the popular Tkinter library and learn how to create desktop applications . The project is also a basic OOP challenge since you will you have to create classes and write methods to set up the different conditions required to process payments.
DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
You will receive an email with a ZIP file. The download is also available on your account.
The ZIP file includes:
1) INSTRUCTIONS: A PDF with the project description. It includes a short guidelines section, and a screenshot of the app so can use it as a guide.
– A .py file with the source code (320 lines). It includes comments about how the code works. The code provided in the solutions has been written by a senior developer, so it is clean and easy to understand. A great way to learn and adopt right habits to create quality software.
– A PDF with detailed explanations of each chunk of code (23 pages). The instructor explains step by step what the code does.
WHAT YOU WILL PRACTICE
– Classes and methods.
– Conditional statements
– Loops (for)
– “__init__” method
This project is highly recommended for Python intermediate students willing to level up their knowledge of Tkinter and core Python concepts like loops, methods or functions definition. If you are interested in building desktop applications, this project is a good starting point.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.