Python Object Oriented Programming Projects
Our Python object oriented programming projects are the perfect way for beginners to dive into the world of OOP. By working on these three Python challenges you will gain the basic understanding of classes, methods, instances and the rest of core concepts in Python OOP.
The projects consist of creating the following programs:
- Hotel bookings data management: Create a command line program to calculate earnings, handle customers reservations and keep track of customers reservations. For instance, you will have to create a class for rooms that contains variables such as price or type of room (double, single, etc). In addtion, you will have to write a method that prints the room price if extra services are booked.
- Flights comparison: Write a program to help a couple decide what airline offers the best deal for a family trip. You will have to build an app that prints the pricing of all available options and select the most suitable according to the family requirements.
For example, you will have to create a class for airlines and multiple methods to yield the expected outcome like the luggage charge, the loyalty points, the ticket price and so on.
- Pet hotel registration process: Create a program to inform pets owners about the status of the boarding process and the health condition and final accommodation of the animals. Here you will create a class for dogs and write methods to save pets data like name or age. Another method would be to print messages about the different stages of the examination process.
Moreover, all Python projects have a guidelines section where the challenge is broken down in small Python exercises (more than 10). Thus, you finish the assignment step by step solving problems about classes creation, methods, objects and other common elements of the OOP paradigm.
Maria Lymperaiou is a software engineer at JP Morgan Chase Bank in the UK. She has been researcher at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland and holds a ME Electrical and Computer Engineering.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
After purchase, you will receive an email with a ZIP file. It is also available on your Practity account.
The zip has four folders with one project each one:
- A PDF with the Python Project description. It includes step by step guidance and hints to help you complete the tasks.
- A Jupyter Notebook with the solutions. You will find not only the source code but also detailed explanations about how the code works.
IMPORTANT: to see the solutions (Notebook) you need to have Jupyter or the ANACONDA package installed on your machine. If you do not have it, you may download it here. It is free.
WHY CHOOSE THESE PROJECTS TO LEARN PYTHON OOP?
- Learn core OOP concepts: Our Python object oriented programming projects provide a hands-on approach to learning OOP. Working on real programs building blocks of OOP in Python is the only way to understand how OOP works and when to implement it. Theory and courses is just the first step in your learning curve.
- Real-world application: OOP is widely used in software development, and our projects offer practical scenarios where you can apply your newfound knowledge. It is a great opportunity to see how OOP concepts are used in professional coding.
- Foster creativity and problem-solving skills: Our projects encourage you to think creatively and tackle problems from different angles. As a result, you’ll sharpen your problem-solving skills and become a more versatile programmer.
- Comprehensive documentation: We believe in providing the best learning experience. That’s why our projects come with comprehensive documentation, including explanations of key concepts, step-by-step instructions, and the source code explained. You’ll have everything you need to succeed.
WHAT YOU WILL PRACTICE
– Creating Classes.
– Writing and calling methods.
– Define functions with “for” loops and conditional statements (if/else).
– Dictionaries and lists: inputs are usually given in list of lists.
– Inheritance: use the __init__()
To complete these Python object oriented programming projects you need a minimum knowledge of the OOP paradigm. Therefore, before start practicing, we strongly recommend to do an OOP introduction online/offline course and learn the important concepts like classes, methods, objects and instances.