Python Projects for Students
Our latest addition of Python projects for students: A program to simulate the software that controls the elevators of a new building.
As a result, the program will have to operate the elevators in multiple cases considering the elevators position, the origin floor and the direction he wants to go. Like in any building, it will have to show a floor indicator and the status of the elevator: going up or down, closing doors, on hold, and so on.
Conditionals and loops make up the majority of the code, so it is a great Python project for beginners to practice these concepts and learn how to apply and combine them in real applications.
There is also an extensive guidelines section where you will learn to plan and define the roadmap and the variables required to complete the project before starting to code. Moreover, Connor has broken down the program in small parts, each one with a specific purpose and solved through conditionals or loops This way you can focus on a particular task and once finished, check if your script yields the same outcome as the solution.
Connor Jones is a Mechanical Engineer and senior Python developer based in the UK. He holds a PhD of Mechanical Engineering and has participated in several research projects at the Imperial College in London.
DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
You will receive an email with a Zip file. The download is always available on your Practity account.
Attached you will find:
1) INSTRUCTIONS: A PDF with the project description. It includes a guidelines section and a flow diagram to help you complete the challenge step by step. The project is broken down in several exercises or hints that you may follow in case you need guidance (11 pages).
2) SOLUTIONS: A Jupiter Notebook including detailed explanations and comments and explanations about how the code works.
IMPORTANT: to see the solutions (Notebook) you need to have Jupyter or the ANACONDA package installed on your machine. If you do not have it, you may download it here. It is free.
How this Python project can benefit students in their learning journey?
This Python challenge is specifically designed to enhance beginner students’ programming skills by focusing on fundamental concepts like loops, conditional statements, and ranges. By working on this project, students will gain hands-on experience in Python programming while tackling a real-world scenario of controlling elevators in a building.
This Python practice offers numerous benefits:
- Practical Application: Students will apply their Python knowledge to solve a realistic problem, simulating elevator control in a building. This practical experience will solidify their understanding of loops, conditional statements, and ranges.
- Skill Development: By working on this project, students will master essential Python concepts like loop iterations, conditional logic, and range manipulation. These skills are crucial for any aspiring Python developer.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: The Elevator Control Program challenges students to think critically and break down tasks into smaller parts. It enhances their problem-solving abilities and boosts their confidence in tackling programming tasks.
- Portfolio Enhancement: Completing this project will add a valuable addition to students’ portfolios. Potential employers and recruiters often look for candidates with practical programming experience, and this project will demonstrate their competence in Python programming and their ability to work on end-to-end projects.
Python projects for students are highly recommended for beginner-intermediate students that have finished a python bootcamp or online course and want to enhance their coding skills and get prepared for more complex assignments.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.