PYTHON WEB APPLICATION WITH FLASK
SEARCHABLE ART GALLERY
Sarah holds a Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science and is a full stack web and mobile software developer based in Canada.
Sarah worked several years at Amazon as software development engineer. She also has experience in Academia.
She was teaching assistant at the University of Toronto.
The goal of this project is to create a Flask app to display art works of the Metropolitan Musuem of Art, New York. It is an art search engine. The app will take a search term and display the first result for that term from the Metropolitan Museum.
For each search term, the application must display the title, artist and a picture of the artwork.
This project is an introduction to web frameworks and Flask in particular, which includes Jinja HTML templating, as well as python HTTP requests, parsing a JSON API, using dictionaries and exception handling.
Additionally you are given some extra ideas to improve the project final outcome.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Manage different dependencies through pipenv. See here for more information about pipenv.
– Call an API. That involves using Python libraries such as the Requests library as well as defining functions with conditionals anda bit of documentation research.
– Dictionaries and JSON files.
– Flask module. It is a Python web development challenge. You will have to develop a web application usig the popular Python framework, Flask. See here for more examples and information about Flask.
– HTML templates using the modern Jinja2 templates so that you can display the query results.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CONTENT
a) One PDF: the project instructions and a guidelines section with the challenge broken down in several assignments so you can complete the project step by step.
b) Source Code: three py files with the code including long comments explaining how the code works and links to sites that may help you understand specific topics. The code is clean and readable, written by a senior developer. An excellent way to learn and adopt right habits to create quality software.
c) HTML/CSS templates.
Students must know Python functions, conditionals and data structures like dictionaries.
It is advised to be familiar with Object Oriented Programming (classes) and the Flask library.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: WEB APP WITH FLASK. MET MUSEUM ART WORKS
1 review for WEB APP WITH FLASK. MET MUSEUM ART WORKS
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Bo Ma (verified owner) –
The author explains almost every line of code so you know exactly what’s going on. I´m happy with the purchase.