Python Projects for Portfolio
One of the Python Projects for portfolio offered at Practity, is a desktop application with Tkinter. The app detects words or sentences in several languages and translate them into English.
There are two main parts:
1) The Graphical User Interface. You are requested to create the interface according to certain requirements. You will have to add buttons, drop-down menus, progress bar, etc. It is an excellent exercise to learn the popular Tkinter library.
2) Translations are possible through an API call that provides the word in English. You will have to write a program to call the API, retrieve the values and implement it as the engine of the application.
The solution provided structures the code in classes and methods, so it is great project to practice and get confident with object-oriented programming. OOP helps to keep the code structured and clean. You will have to write methods to implement the functionalities of the app under one unique class so no need of advanced knowledge of OOP.
This is a good project to practice many aspects of Python at the same time. The GUI part is quite basic so it is a fantastic introduction to the Tkinter library and the front end development with Python. The backend of the program is a bit more complex since you have to write a script to call the API, get the translation and detection values and combine them with the interface. In addition, it includes some extras requirements like showing error messages if the API call fails or introduce an accuracy threshold for the language detection part.
DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
After purchase you will receive an email with a ZIP file. If you are a registered user, the download is always available on your Practity account.
The Zip file includes:
- One PDF with the instructions and guidelines, including the project broken down into several blocks so that you can finish the challenge step by step. Guidelines section provides the high level lines of work so you always know where you stand.
- A .py file with the project solved (200 lines of code). It contains not only the source code but also detailed explanations and comments about how the code works. For specific topics, links are provided to online tutorials.
WHAT YOU WILL PRACTICE
– Libraries: you will have to work with the following libraries: Tkinter and threading.
– Python functions, loops (for) and conditional statements (if/else).
– Exceptions try/except to handle errors
– API calls.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: Desktop Translator Application
1 review for Desktop Translator Application
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.