Python Currency Converter
The goal of this challenge is to build a Python currency converter application with the Tkinter library to convert amounts from one currency to another.
There are two main parts:
2) API call
1) You will have to create the graphical user interface according to certain requirements. To make it work, the application will have buttons, a progress bar and a drop-down menu.
2) The app has to display the converted amounts using live exchange rates. You will have to write an API call to get the exchange rates and implement it as the engine of the application.
It is also a fantastic project to practice object oriented programming since classes and methods are highly recommended in GUI programming.
The project includes a guidelines section with the challenge broken down in several tasks so you can finish the job step by step.
DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
After purchase you will receive an email with a ZIP file. If you are a registered user, the download is always available on your Practity account.
The Zip file includes:
- One PDF with the instructions and guidelines.
- A .py file with the currecncy converter code. It contains not only the source code but also detailed explanations and comments about how the code works. For specific topics, links are provided to online tutorials. Moreover, the code is clean and readable. A great way to learn and adopt right habits to create quality software.
WHAT YOU WILL PRACTICE
– Python Libraries: Tkinter, requests, threading.
– Python functions, loops (for) and conditional statements (if/else).
– Exceptions try/except to handle errors
– Classes, methods.
– API calls.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: Currency Converter Application
2 reviews for Currency Converter Application
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.