PYTHON EXERCISES OF DATA STRUCTURES AND REGULAR EXPRESSIONS
Maria Lymperaiou is a software engineer at JP Morgan Chase Bank in the UK. She has been researcher at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland and holds a ME Electrical and Computer Engineering.
The following sets of exercises are developed by senior IT managers to test the minimum knowledge about regex and lists/dictionaries required for entry level candidates.
You will receive 20 exercises: 10 problems of data structures and 10 exercises of regular expressions. You will practice the following topics:
– Lists and sets exercises.
– List comprehension.
– Dictionary comprehension.
– Find patterns in a sentence.
– Remove unwanted characters in text.
– Find and extract dates and emails.
– Find and match specific names.
– Clean texts.
DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
You will receive an email with a protected ZIP and a password to access the content. If you are a registered user, the download is always available on your account.
The downloadable zip is made up of:
1) Two PDF with the exercises description. One for Regex problems and another for data structures. It includes a short hint to help you solve the problems.
2) Two Jupyter Notebooks with the solutions.
IMPORTANT: to see the solutions (Notebook) you need to have Jupyter or the ANACONDA package installed on your machine. If you do not have it, you may download it here. It is free.