REAL DATA VALIDATION PROJECT IN EXCEL
AUTHOR: Gonzalo Rodríguez
Gonzalo is a business and data analyst currently working in the corporate and investment arm of Banco Santander.
He started his career at BNP Paribas and spent 10 years trading energy markets. He is an specialist in data analysis with more that 15 years of experience in Excel and other data analysis tools like Python or SQL.
Gonzalo holds a Bachelor´s degree in Business Administration and a Master in Data Science.
This is a real project based on daily routines of banking analysts and finance consultants.
The project is focused on data management and data manipulation with Excel..
You are given three spreadsheets with data. The objective is to prepare and compare worsheets to confirm that data is correct.
The project is splited into three main assignments:
1) Clean and prepare the worksheet to excute the validation. Easy
2) Analysis and validation/reconciliation of data: Difficult
3) Modification and data manipulation: Medium
It consists of the classic reconciliation and validation job every finance professional has to carry out on a daily basis.
All assignments and tasks included in the project are very common while working with Excel.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
1) Data querying formulas, in particular Vlookup. You will learn about the business aplications of Vlookup as well as the different scenarios where you may execute it. The second part of the project is all about vlookup.
2) Commonly used functions: IF statements, nested formulas, concatenate(), exact(), etc.
3) Cell editing and formatting features.
4) Navigation on the spreadsheet, keyboard shortcuts, filters, etc.
5) Page set up: insert/delete rows/colums, copy, paste options, etc.
This project requires a minimun knowledge of the essential Excel skills . Students must have attended a complete beginner course of Excel .
It is recomended to have completed some exercises or having some experience with basic formulas.
All spreadsheets included in the project have been done in Excel 2013. It is compatible with Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2016.
You will receive a protected zip folder and its password in the email confirmation after purchase.
The file is made up of 2 PDFs and 5 Excel files:
– PDF with project description and assignments.
– PDF (20 pages) with the project solutions. You will receive detailed explanations and the formulas for each task along with print screens for each assignment. You will see in each image where the requested features and tools are located.
– Three Excel files with data. 120 rows and 19 fields.
– 2 spreadsheets with the project solved.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: Real Excel Challenge. Finance Data Validation Assignments
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.