PYTHON MINI PROJECT
BIRTHDAY REMINDER PROGRAM
The goal of this practice is to create a program to automatically email personalized birthday messages to family and friends.
You are requested to write a script that reads a file with the birthdays of your loved ones and sends an email if the current date matches a birthday.
The aim of this project is to make you work with dates, loops and conditionals inside functions. You will learn to send emails and read csv files with Python.
Some popular libraries like “datetime” or “smtp” are necessary to complete the exercise. Do not worry if you do not know them, you only need to know a few basic methods. It is a great challenge to learn to automate repetitive tasks and you may find it usuful for other tasks you would like to get rid of.
DOWNLOAD / CONTENT
You will receive an email with a protected ZIP and a password to access the content. The download is always available on your account.
The download is made up of:
1) One PDF with the instructions and guidelines, including the project broken down into assignments so that you can finish the challenge step by step.
2) A .py file with the project solved. It contains not only the source code but also detailed explanations and comments about how the code works. Code provided in the solutions has been written by a senior developer so it is clean and maintainable. A great way to learn and adopt right habits to create quality software.
WHAT YOU WILL PRACTICE
– Libraries: you will have to work with the following python libraries: smtp, os, csv, datetime.
– Python functions, loops (for) and conditional statements (if/else).
– Automate tasks based on dates.
– Send emails.
– Open a csv file and loop over it.
If you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Specification: BIRTHDAYS REMINDER MINIPROJECT
2 reviews for BIRTHDAYS REMINDER MINIPROJECT
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.